Mission Trip- Next Step Ministries
For 7th grade students-High School graduates and families:
Sunday, June 4-Saturday, June 10. Los Angeles, CA
$ First Deposit April 14 $150 due
$ Final Payment May 31 $199 due.
$ $100 Scholarships are available. Fundraising is the best way to pay for this trip. See additional page on fundraising.
$ Any student who attends more than one week-long youth trip can receive a church scholarship to help pay the costs. Please speak with the youth director for details.
Grace Lutheran has taken a team of youth and adults in 2015 and 2016. See below their experience.
What was the hardest thing you did during the trip?
· Talking and seeing the homeless guys
· waking up at 6 every morning and only have 40 minutes to get ready
· Some of the gardening tasks
· Walking through the city tour in LA in 110 degrees
· Saying goodbye on the last day
What was the most rewarding thing you did during this mission trip?
· Talking to homeless men and women who were very encouraging
· Getting to help people and serving on a team
· I learned so much! I learned more about people experiencing homelessness, facts about Los Angeles. I met a group of very energetic college students working for the Lord; I learned more and grew closer to our church group.
· Witnessing and participating in the youth letting Jesus into their hearts
· Building the “A” frames on the garden day
· Playing with the children at Hope Gardens